Submitting to the Dropbox
- Click on "Dropbox" on the course home page, upper left navigation bar.
- Click the appropriate Assignment title from the Dropbox list.
- Click the Browse button and locate your assignment file on your hard drive.
- Enter your name, assignment number, and title of your Assignment in the Description box.
- Then, click the Upload button.
- When the upload is complete, you will see a Results window with Uploaded by, Folder, File name, Date, Time, File Size and "(file name) uploaded successfully."
- You can view your submissions by clicking the History button. Here you will see Assignment name, a list of each file you submitted, your Comments, and the date and time Submitted. You can also view the document you submitted.
- If you select the wrong file, you have the option to Cancel your submission. This returns you to the Dropbox list of assignments. WARNING: Once submitted, you can't return to change your work; however, you can make a second, or even a third submission, if necessary.
After submitting an assignment to the Dropbox, you will receive an email similar to the example you see below:
To: "your email@example.com"
Subject: About your dropbox submission
Date: date submitted
Hi YOUR NAME,
Course: Sports Turf Management
You have successfully uploaded the following files to the (named) folder.
Please keep this email for your records.
There are 2 important ways to make sure that your instructor will receive your assignment:
Use appropriate file names.
When submitting documents (whether uploading a document to the dropbox or attaching a file to a discussion post), use only letters and numbers (no symbols such as %, &, ", or ') in file names.
Complete all steps of the process.
When using the dropbox to submit assignments, always make sure you see the File Submission Successful message on screen before leaving the dropbox area. When using the dropbox, you will first locate the all files you wish to submit, then upload them, and finally, submit them.